Affirming The Classics: The Lord’s Prayer All-That-Is, God, The I AM Energy,Known by many names: All One Source…Omniscient, Omnipotent, …The I Am Prayer
5th density experience
I truly see where I’ve been moving into the 5th density of experience since 2005.
In the beginning
I became aware something profound was happening to me when I started getting GodBumps while talking about Conscious Living, expanding awareness, Christ Consciousness, raw vegan foods, Spirituality, etc. with coworkers. And I have been on a quest to discover “WHY” ever since.
When you really GET Jesus (or the Christ, or Buddha, etc.) you no longer need the church, temple, etc. Going can be invigorating or fun, but you don’t need it.
You’ll find church to be wherever you hang out with others of like-mind and they will uplift you.
You don’t have to be brainwashed or programmed into a certain rigidity. Too narrow of a focus can lead to separation.
If you want to experience the love of unity, apply and integrate what you’ve learned into your day to day. Practices do not need to become rituals, but deeper awareness while performing daily tasks. Pray without ceasing. Seek the meaning and lesson from every interaction.
Continue to become aware of your own virtues; the highest ideals and values of your life.
When you really GET why you came to live in a body, you’ll no longer need teachers or coaches. You can have fun with them and continue layering knowledge and wisdom gained into your system, but mostly everything you need to know can flow into you, if you are open to receive. Be an open vessel.
Layer upon layer new techniques or such, but understand why you are taking care of your body. You’ll live a wholly vibrant life!
Reasons people leave Church
- Outgrow it – see through the programming
- Have been offended
- Not being told the Truth
- Been traumatized or abused
- Bashing other churches or faiths
- Questioned too much
- Gossip / slander
- Sanctimonious attitudes
Now, don’t kill the thought messenger for pointing these things out. You are more than sheeple!
Our bodies are our temple
Having cleaned a branch church building for months and then being told to leave during a storm when shelter was needed, showed my mom which side those “good church members” were on—and it was not God’s. I could see right through them, though it took mom a bit longer to come around to that knowing. Those hypocrites were living in fear of the insurance company!
Ah, split energies! Know this: Jesus didn’t preach in churches!
Choose you this day how you will feel, and whom you will serve. Find your inner tranquility in each moment.
My being-ness resonated with this video.
I appreciated Neale’s transparency and Eckhart’s powerful stillness (even while he was speaking), as contradictory as that seems.
Bliss. Yes, the more we integrate and allow our Spirit to lead (instead of our Ego), in our daily activities, the more we feel it and know the truth of us.
No graven images
Why no graven images?
Primarily because graven images remind us of the past. And we are to live in the present moment. The dead do not need shrines. And everything man-made will be destroyed in the end. Everything is temporary.
God is ever-living Omniscience
Are you smarter than God? You think you are if you presume to know how God wants you to worship a particular religion. The knowing or “path” to LIMITLESS Source Energy Creator is a narrow one because most find it too difficult to let go of earthly material possessions and simply be present in every situation.
#Namaste #GodInYou #Holism
We are much more than we see. We are Spirit focused like a laser light beam into a physical body, with a lot of unseen energy round about us. ❤️🦋🌀
I pose this question to you: Where do I end and you begin?
What’s the outcome?
The Grand Beyond
Ah! The bliss and joy I feel when I imagine what the heavenly realm of the Grand Beyond is!
I imagine all the beautiful sunrises and sunsets one sees from the expansive view from the Grand Beyond.
What might it be like to reconnect with my loved ones in the Grand Beyond…
Even if I am not with my loved ones in the Grand Beyond after my Continuation Day, perhaps I will go on to create a new galaxy where many can enjoy the earthly fruits of their labor. And my loved ones can gaze upon that galaxy with awe. They may choose to join also!Oh, what a heavenly and splendid galaxy it will be!
I am writing a metaphysical novel that will explore the nature of these things, but for now, I will leave you with this:
When we wake from sleeping with a song in our head, sometimes even seeing famous people singing a song we’ve never heard before (and for some, they jump up and write the song), where does that come from?
Another dimension or the Grand Beyond?
We are ALL One
Each of us are fractals of Limitless Omniscience.
We are not separate, but deeply connected emanations of the One Presence.
To begin to know this as a reality, a practical way (or daily practice) you can begin to do right now is to put your hands together at the same time each day for a moment or two and simply think or say something like, “Angels ALL around–Hands together to Connect.”
Do you follow any of these authors or speakers? (In alphabetical order)
- Peter Anthony
- Paul Atkins
- Robert Atkinson
- Heather Joy Bassett
- Michael Bernard Beckwith
- Steve Bhaerman
- Joan Borysenko
- Ben Bowler
- Gregg Braden
- Rev. Robert Brzezinski
- Sandra de Castro Buffington
- Garth Catterall
- Patricia Cota-Robles
- Kathryn A. Davis
- Steve Farrell
- Matthew Fox
- Peter Gabel
- Jeff Genung
- David Gershon
- Christine Glenn
- Karen Gordon
- Deborah Greene
- Brian Christopher Hamilton
- Sheri Herndon
- Misa Hopkins
- Dr. Jean Houston
- Thomas Hübl
- Sister Jenna
- Dr. Kurt Johnson
- Lyla June Johnston
- Dr. Melanie Joy
- Rev. Victor Kazanjian
- Nannette Kennedy
- Azim Khamisa
- Bruce King
- Audrey Kitagawa
- Chief Phil Lane Jr.
- Sage Lavine
- Bruce Lipton
- Diane Longboat
- Ayub Malik
- Howard Martin
- Yuka Saionji Matsuura
- Steve McIntosh
- Jennifer McLean
- Lynne McTaggart
- Dee Meyer
- Rev. Deborah Moldow
- Tarek Mounib
- Anita Narayan
- Shawna Bluestar Newcomb
- Steven Newcomb
- Karen Noe
- Karen Palmer
- Anna-Mari Pieterse
- Paulette Pipe
- Mitchell J. Rabin
- Jon Eliot Ramer
- Ben Roberts
- Deborah Rozman, Ph.D.
- Dr. Anita Sanchez
- Anneloes Smitsman
- Deon Snyman
- Lynne Twist
- Rick Ulfik
- Ana C. Vanconcelos
- Mpho Tutu Van Furth
- Anne-Marie Voorhoeve
- Kelly Sullivan Walden
- Neale Donald Walsch
- Christy Whitman
- Diane Williams
- Dr. David Sloan Wilson
- Claire Zammit
If this post resonates with you, join us in support of Global Oneness Day 2019 and help spread the word about this Humanity’s Team online event:
Simply . . . Sign up here at no charge.
The program is free and if you miss the live broadcast Humanity’s team will send you links so you can enjoy the program at your leisure.
We thank Omniscience ALLways—Spirit, Soul, Mind, Heart, & Body are ALL Connected.
Originally published on EXAMINER June 5, 2016.
Reaching the end of your rope?
If you feel as though you might be reaching the end of your rope, please reach out to someone! Do not give up hope! Don’t end it all. It might feel hopeless to you in this moment, but please talk with someone — anyone! Maybe, consider talking with someone new!
A coworker takes her own life
I once worked with a young lady who committed suicide. I didn’t know her. One morning, after my meditation, a thought dropped into my mind. How sad was it that she ended her life and had never even had one conversation with everyone in our office!
I had seen the young lady around the office. She had even worked with someone sitting right next to me once. I’d passed her in the hall. I’d said hello to her while washing our hands in the ladies room. But, we had never had one conversation. And we had worked for the same company for more than two years.
I understand being an introvert. I am naturally introverted. But if you are going to make a conscious choice to end your life, which to me, would require a great deal of courage, wouldn’t you at least work up a little bit of that courage to talk with every person in your office, your neighbors, or someone walking down the street, FIRST?
What I am really suggesting is that there are untold opportunities to learn something new, experience a new way of looking at your problems, or perhaps, even a new way of living! Why would you want to end it all before even exploring any of those possibilities?
Somewhere, someone cares about you. And even if in this moment you can’t believe that could be true, YOU should care about you. Make a list, even if it’s just a mental list, of all of the things in your life that up to this point you’ve accomplished. Did you successfully get through elementary school, high school, college? Have you ever worked a job? Cared for a pet? Cared for a parent or a child? Have you ever told a joke, or made someone smile? If you could do any of those things, you can hold on for one more day. Give someone new a chance to show you life is worth living!
Tomorrow is another day. No man, woman, thing, or circumstance is worth ending your journey on this beautiful planet. Don’t take your own life!
You have choices!
Let’s say you’re in a narcissistic relationship. Perhaps even YOU might feel as though you are the narcissist.
You are worthy! Everyone is worthy of life!
Here are some links to direct you to my dear friend of mine, Beverly Banov Brown — who specializes in narcissistic relationship counseling.
Let’s say you’re depressed. And I know depression hurts. In this kind of situation, it kills.
Because I admit, you may be reading this from a very different mindset than the mindset that I wrote it, I will quote a dear friend of mine (who sent the following to me after she read the first publishing of this article). She wrote,
There is a difference between being depressed from the daily stresses of life and being clinically depressed. Unfortunately, when people suffer from clinical depression there is no space in their being to reach out to do the things you’ve suggested. There is no room in their chest for breath, no light in their heart to feel love from partners and family members. No energy for walks, only pain and it hurts to be alive. It’s a very dark place to live and one that is incredibly difficult to climb out of. In these situations, it is more helpful for a family member/loved one to be of service. Trying to “pick someone up” by being overly happy and energetic is misguided and a slap in the face to those who are suffering. Just sitting in silence and holding the space for their pain lessens the burden and creates an opening for dialogue. Try not to want to “fix” the person as they are not broken. In fact, they are very much alive and feeling the rawness of life itself. Lean into their pain and hold them as they tell you how dark it is. By sharing this space, it literally opens up new possibilities for a breath to be taken. It takes time and patience but each new breath will breathe life into the dark corners. Clinical depression is a life long battle and one that must be honored on a daily basis. Treat it as a friend, become intimate with it’s warning signs. Often times the person struggling with depression will feel a bout of it coming on. If caught before it has fully engaged the person’s mind, body and soul…then it is much easier to do the things that you’ve mentioned in your well written article. Thank you for addressing such an important issue. It needs to be talked about often and openly as so many of us suffer from this. Much of my life’s work will be directed toward people who struggle with depression and/or addiction.
In health and wellness, blessings to you.
My friend Robin poured this out to me from her wonderful open and loving heart. And from her experiential knowing of depression.
So, I am not a mental health counselor, nor did I originally write this article about those who are experiencing clinical depression per se. I am attempting though, to help you stop, breathe, or refocus–even if only in the smallest way–to give yourself a bit of hope and potentially the time to reach out to someone — anyone. I know suicide is a very complex and complicated subject, but I feel compelled to start somewhere after losing a beautiful young coworker.
After sharing the previous paragraph back to my friend, she wrote,
I hear you Sheila and am grateful that you are willing to write about this. My heart goes out to you and the loss that you experienced. Suicide is about clinical depression, the darkest and toughest depression to battle. My father took his own life one Sunday morning when I was 9 years old. He was bipolar with clinical depression on top of that. Those of us with parents that suffered from some form of mental illness, are oftentimes genetically predisposed to similar traits. My own battle with depression has led me into the belly of the beast. It’s a very scary experience for those who are standing in the fire. My advice to those who have loved ones that are going through this is to find them some immediate help. Waiting for a shift in their emotions is often a death sentence when truly at the bottom. You are a kind and loving person, I salute you for taking this subject on!
Yes, this subject is near and dear to me on many levels. The day that he took his life was the beginning of a very long journey for me. One that would take me decades to unravel. I have enormous empathy and compassion for human suffering. As long as we carry a body, we all suffer in different ways. Making yourself available to others with clear boundaries in place is a noble effort and one that is very much needed in this world! The one thing that I’m clear about…we are here to love and to help each other find our way home again.
So, I offer this updated article, that not only brings my thoughts, but those of my dear and beautiful friend to you in hopes that any of our words will help you in some way. I thank my friend for sharing her experience with us all, more than words can express! Much love! Hugs to you my dear heart!
Reach out to someone for help. And there are many people available to help you! There is always hope and grace, somewhere.
You can call Silent Unity for prayer, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at: 800-669-7729
There is no need you can have which is so trivial, no pain you can experience so great, that breath, prayer, and meditation cannot soothe.
Prayer has been the heart of Unity for more than a century. It’s a ministry available to serve anyone, no matter your faith, 24-hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week. You can write or call about any need, day or night, and a loving being will pray with you. We know you need someone who will listen to you and pray with you. All requests for prayer are confidential and treated with reverence.
Write to Silent Unity at:
1901 Blue Parkway,
Unity Village, Mo. 64065-0001
or call: (816) 969-2000
If you have no means to pay for the call dial:
or you can always go online to: www.silentunity.org
Breath is always free. Focus on your breathing for awhile.
Go for a walk outside. See if you meet anyone along the way. Smile. Feel like you can’t? Try it anyway. One step at a time.
Sometimes we inherit (we “in hear” it; hear within) problems from our parent’s, relatives, or guardian’s — their argumentative or toxic relationships do not have to influence us though!
Sometimes we think we’ve made bad choices and cannot undo them. Think again.
If you are in a toxic relationship, consider if you care too much. Or perhaps you are an empath, always trying to help someone else. Now you’re drained of energy. Now you think there is no hope. But even false hope, is hope.
If you are an empath, know that empaths can naturally lean toward attracting narcissists. If you find that you’ve been trying to resolve someone else’s problems, and it’s all taking a toll on you, you need support! Only in movies are narcissists cured. Narcissists do not love themselves. And they can be very dangerous. Talk with someone who has the resources to help you.
The movie Moonstruck provides a glimpse into narcissism when Johnny’s mother is “dying everyday”. Some people go around claiming that they’re “dying everyday” for 20 years! In Moonstruck, Johnny’s mother manipulates the entire family. That character did not know “how to love”.
Go to YouTube and watch uplifting and informative videos, like the the ones presented by our good friend and life coach, Beverly Banov Brown.
If you are being mistreated or abused, consider this thought: People in pain cause other people pain. No one deserves to be bullied or abused. You do not deserve whatever negative thing someone is doing to you.
Some things to try in order to begin to feel hope and grace:
- Put your hand on your heart and tell yourself that you love “you”. Say it again and again. Feel your heart beat. Relish in knowing it will beat for you even without you directing it to do so. Bless your heart.
- Allow yourself to feel your pain, then as you exhale, allow a bit of it to leave your body. If someone wants to listen to your while you vent about what’s going on in your life, let them. Allow someone in.
- Put your hands together when you pray. Don’t believe in prayer? Put your hands together and sit quietly. Ask for nothing. Just sit and breathe. Breathe deeply. Give yourself permission to cry, or laugh, or scream!
- Scream! Afraid someone will hear you? Hope they hear you! You do not have to get through your situation alone.
What new and positive choices, are available to you now?
Life is for the living, go take a chance and live!
We understand that if you have been diagnosed by a medical professional as someone in clinical depression, you need professional help. This article is not intended to replace qualified licensed professional medical advice. This article is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended to replace discussions with a healthcare provider. All decisions regarding your care must be made with a licensed professional healthcare provider, considering your unique characteristics and health history.
Depression can present a high risk of suicide. Anyone thinking of suicidal thoughts should be taken very seriously. Do not hesitate to call your local suicide hotline immediately. Call 800-SUICIDE (800-784-2433) or 800-273-TALK (800-273-8255) or the deaf hotline at 800-799-4889.
Ye who have ears, let them hear.
Blessings to you in ALL ways.
Amen. Namaste. OM
Your Sensitivity Is Your Power
Just before the New Year, I had the immense pleasure of doing a bit of “pre-paving” for my future by attending Dr. Alison J. Kay’s, “Your Sensitivity Is Your Power” tele-call series. And wowee!! It was super-charged!
So, what happened after I attended the tele-call series?
I gained a clarity of my own personal power. Almost like I was stepping up a staircase of emotional well-being and balance! Yes, I accepted an invitation from the Universe to step up my personal power by being on these calls, and I’m the better for it!
As a sensitive type of person–in my life having been known as one to cry easily, become overly concerned with other people’s dramas, or get easily overwhelmed, I noticed each day after the tele-call experience, I felt lighter, happier, and less concerned with other people’s “stuff” going on around me!
Sometimes, I tend to feel as though I am carrying the burden of other people so much, that I prefer not to interact with others at all. Much of those feelings lifted after the tele-call series for me, and continue to lift as time goes on.
Traits of empaths
People used to tell me they knew I was naturally empathic. Dr. Kay explained empaths and their traits in great detail during the tele-call series. She let us know how each of us could use our gift of empathy to give us more ease and comfort day-to-day. We learned how to use our sensitive side without losing our sense of self.
After each tele-call, I began to practice any/all of the following each day–whenever any difficult situation or conversation would occur:
- Mentally ask myself, “Is this mine?” And, if I knew it was NOT my problem, then I would mentally state, “Return to sender with grace, ease, and love attached, or I would simply state, “Send ’em love” (learned previously, but not practiced much) to really feel the vibrations emanating from my heart (the invisible intelligence Dr. Wayne Dyer used to speak of) going out to the person, lifting my feelings about whatever was going on.
- Breathe – really breathe, even take an extra walk as needed, climb stairs, stretch, or meditate. Then at my office desk, self soothe with my Young Living essential oils, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), Jin Shin Jyutsu (JSJ), and/or Yamuna Body Rolling — using one ball behind my back and/or putting my bare feet on the foot wakers under my desk. (This has also has enabled me to share these modalities with others when they would ask what I was doing–Yay!)
- Distance myself when my inner being tells me, re-soundly, that right NOW (in THIS moment), this person or place is not good for me (or I am not good for others in this space). I honor, respect, and love myself enough, to walk away and go to another place where I can feel good!
- Set boundaries. I can choose whether–whatever is happing in this moment–conflicts with what I’ve previously written about (to “Be open to receive”) and to know that I am allowed also, to receive or not. Must I receive all and filter? Must I receive bad to receive good? Maybe. But, I have the power to choose that for myself.
- Expand my energy – Each morning include in my meditation to go into my awareness and expand it outward to my family, my circle of influence, neighbors, local community, state, region, country, continent, and world. Celebrate the knowing of others via Twitter, Facebook, my blogs, etc. whom live in other countries. Celebrate this knowing of WE ARE ALL CONNECTED. This is true.
- Empower myself. Indeed, put my cape on! 😉 Be my authentic self. Act on the truth that my inner being resonates with, i.e. when I feel my “God bumps”. I even signed up for Dr. Michael Bernard Beckwith’s Life Visioning class, no doubt because of how powerful I felt after completing Dr. Kay’s tele-call series! How does it get any better than this? Yay! And later, I signed up for Yamuna classes (see this Examiner article I wrote) to learn about “Body Rolling”.
- Though I know, I don’t act like it. It is never necessary to be the victim. I am not trapped. I always have a choice. I break any DNA, biological, mental, or spiritual chains that could have come through my lineage and blood. In the name of our Limitless, Ever-Living, Omniscient, Omnipresent, Omnipotent, Pulsating, Be-ing, Creator Source God who IS the Energy that holds the Universe together. Beyond what we can see. Beyond what we now know. Faith IS the substance of things not yet seen.
Empaths have our own level of sensitivity, level of awareness, unique energetic healing modalities, and spiritual gifts to share with the world! I am ready to share mine!
Clearing the past
The tele-call sessions with Dr. Alison J Kay and her empowering messages and clearings, transformed past (even something that happened a moment ago is “the past”) shame of negative actions–allowing me to consciously “let go” of negative limiting thoughts, acknowledging that forgiveness is a daily process. I knew the pain I felt in my body were the cells of my body (scientist Candace Pert proved cells hold memories) calling out for me to transcend and know that really everything IS okay!
Dr. Kay’s clearings tuned me in and provided me with different verbiage to explain to myself, and to you in this post, what had been happening. Healing is an ongoing PROCESS!
How it builds up
Everyday life causes certain connections to occur:
- The neighbor who may or may not smile at me when I step outside. That person doesn’t know me.
- The store clerk that serves me may ask, “Did you find everything okay?” without really meaning it.
- The restaurant owner’s son, who while ignoring us, scolded an employee (the employee was actually attempting to seat us) for not following proper procedures. He didn’t realize they would lose a customer by behaving that way in front of us, instead of just seating us–they could train their staff in private later!
- The soldier (police, firefighter, teacher, or other public servant) who is just “doing their job” without considering the moral choices he or she actually has.
We really can get better
Many of us abdicate our ability to choose and lose a moment (or more) of happiness and joy for ourselves and others. And we can help others – we really can! If we’re in better shape emotionally, mentally, and physically, we can change the world! And why is that important? Because We Are All Connected!
The energies and what I learned during Dr. Alison J. Kay’s tele-call series for sensitives continues to free me. The time spent on her calls FELT sooo good, not just for a short time, but weeks later.
About Dr. Alison J. Kay
Meditation and yoga teacher Dr. Alison J. Kay, offers weekly group telephone calls, online video-conferencing (Google Hangout), and private sessions where you can learn about meditation techniques. She teaches yoga classes too! Her group fitness classes include: yoga, mind-body, and core-strengthening.
Dr. Alison J. Kay studied in the east, Asia and India and thoroughly knows and understands the basis of the placebo effect (using several modalities, including meditation) and it’s relationship basis of subtle energy.
Learn more about Dr. Kay here –>> Alison J. Kay (Healer, author, yoga and meditation teacher, QiGong instructor, and coach)
The tele-call series gave me hope for all of us to continue on our journey, learning and growing every day. To me, there is no such thing as “false hope”. Hope is hope. Because FAITH is the SUBSTANCE of things not yet seen.
I invite you to continue opening your mind to learning about something new in 2016 and beyond. You are never to old to be open to receive new and helpful information.
Be ye blessed in ALL ways.
Check out this original song, It All Starts Within You. My husband wrote this song and it was performed and recorded in a Nashville, TN studio. You can download it (it’s Track 9) from this link: https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/chevyfordband2
A bitabout me:
An Amazon bestselling author of two co-authored books:“Transform Your Life Book 2 Inspirational Stories and Expert Advice” and “Energy of Receiving”, available on Amazon.
Plus, the brand new book that’s been in the making for 13 years,Take It Upon Yourself to Live a Wholly Vibrant Life, is now available for online sale and distribution (PDF format).
Bethe best version of who you want to be.
Information provided is for educational purposes only and is not intended to treat, diagnose or prescribe.
Follow me on Twitter at:
The following list of helpful and easy ways to reduce stress, is ordered from activities that require the least physical effort, to the most. For the most part, this is a list you can reach for during your workday break times (as there are many more ways to reduce stress when you’re home).
Give one or more a try, especially if any are new to you! You may be surprised with the results!
My favorites are:
- Meditation / Mindfulness
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT “Tapping”)
- Jin Shin Jyutsu
- Pranayama breathing
- Sniff some essential oil
- Gentle stretching
- Get up and walk around
- Swaying to music
- Mindful stair-climbing in conjunction with EFT / JSJ
For a bit more information on these, I like the following links:
Or, my favorite prayer is simply, “Thank you“. If there is time, you can think of and add anything you’re grateful for. You just cannot be grateful and upset at the same time.
Meditation and yoga teacher Dr. Alison J. Kay offers weekly group telephone calls, online video-conferencing (Google Hangout), and private sessions where you can learn about meditation techniques. She teaches yoga classes too! Alison’s yoga classes are designed for specific issues / needs; i.e., yoga for triathletes, yoga for runners, yoga for hockey players, yoga for teenage girls, etc. Her group fitness classes include: yoga, mind-body, and core-strengthening. Check out my blog post about her here.
My wonderful Jin Shin Jyutsu teacher, Michelle Giambra offers classes at her studio in Sarasota, Florida and she has a Facebook page here.
Find someone who sells Young Living essential oils and buy Stress Away, a beautiful blend of Copaiba, Lime, Cedarwood, Vanilla, Ocotea, and Lavender.
Gentle stretching might involve a few chair yoga moves, or just raising your hands and arms as high as you can and slowly lowering them out and down to your sides while breathing with purpose to slow down. Click here to find some chair yoga videos.
It’s amazing how just breaking your attention, even for a few moments, can ease stress and anxiety! Get up and walk around. A few minutes of walking around will help you to calm, breathe, look at other things, and change your focus. Yes, even just going to the restroom counts!
I like to sway to some original music when I come home after a work. Who wants elevator music? If I could do this at work, life really would be a breeze! To find some exciting new music, click here.
Mindful stair-climbing is something I’ve sort of invented for myself. Well at least I thought so, until I Googled it and found this. I do all sorts of meditation while climbing 8-10 flights of stairs, twice a day. I do it for exercise, and to relieve stress. It clears my head and I can return to work in less than 10 minutes – refreshed. I climb sideways, count backwards from 100, count by 3s, or 4s, etc. and sometimes I just focus on a mantra. It works for me!
Pilates has been the best new class I’ve embarked on in the past year. It’s given me increased range of motion, taught me to breathe more deeply into different areas of the body, and motivated me to eat less and better so I could lose weight (down 13 pounds so far!). Guess I’ll have to keep updating this page to tell you my progress, huh? If you’ve never tried it, check it out. I go to Blue Sage Pilates in Bradenton, Florida. If you live in the area, you may want to give Karol a call and schedule a session! If you can’t find a Pilates class near you, check this out — click here.
Ah, now doesn’t that feel better?
I’ve attended many different church services (of different religions) over the years, and I have found some common thinking among them.
I love learning about God and all means of connecting with our Creator. I don’t search because I haven’t found God, I search because there’s so many different ways to connect with God!
But, in all of those churches, there were some preachers who said things I didn’t like (meaning that I found some of the things they said divisive. Their sermons didn’t resonate as positive. Phrases such as:
- “We’re right, they’re wrong”
- “We are the only church preaching the true gospel”
- “We’re the only ones baptizing the correct way”
- “All other religions are wrong“
Those statements seemed contrary to my nature and what God put upon my heart and some were contradictory to what Jesus said (or have been attributed to Jesus) in the Bible.
When I asked some of the followers of these various churches about the things their preacher taught, they most often replied: “I may not believe everything the church, religion, or my preacher teaches, but I follow the basic tenets and leave the rest.”
I asked them why they would continue to attend (or belong) to a church or faith that did not align with their beliefs. Most would answer something along the lines of:
- “I stay out of respect for my spouse, parents, grandparents, etc.”
- “The preacher is smarter, more studied, etc. than me”
- “I’ve gone to this church my whole life and changing now would be too difficult”
- “Perhaps I’m being convicted and have more to learn here”
I came upon the statement of: “Take what you need and leave the rest” when I attended several different 12 step recovery programs (during a time when an ex-spouse was dealing with substance abuse and his doctor wanted our family to undergo therapy).
The concept reminded me of what those church goers told me years before, so I began applying the “take what you need, and leave the rest” concept to many things in life. Truly, in all of my research and study I have not found anyone who “knows it all,” so that phrase has helped me open to more. I have not found anyone who has a perfect life, or “has it all,” (no matter how you define the words: perfect and all).
I’ve written before about my maternal grandparents–whom raised my mother and her siblings in a particular faith–that taught belief in an Almighty, Living God. One of the most challenging aspects of that Christian faith is how many other people, even other Christians, called that church a cult! But, had I not been raised in that faith, I would not have experienced the healing power of God via “laying on of hands,” (the first and most powerful Source of Energy Medicine).
In fact, I was healed of colitis, when I was young, because my mom knew to call upon the elders of the church to pray for me.
To explain a bit more, when I was about seven or eight years of age, there was a time when I experienced severe abdominal pain, cramping, bloating, and difficulty eliminating (all symptoms of colitis). My mother took me to the hospital emergency room. During the physical examination, I became hysterical because of one particular method the doctor used, which nearly scared me to death, and physically hurt!
I think my shrieks and cries of pain reminded my mom that our family typically prayed first and asked for laying on of hands by the elders (totally calming and non-invasive), before we would go to a doctor or hospital. So, she took me home and called the elders of the church to come and administer laying on of hands to me. After their prayer, I never experienced any more symptoms of colitis!
NOTE: The doctor had prescribed some paregoric Kaopectate that a pharmacist had to compound for me, along with an enema. The interesting thing to me now, about his recommendation of the enema, is that had we believed in having colonics / colon hydrotherapy or enemas on a regular basis and right ways of eating, I never would have been in that situation to begin with!
I should also mention, at this point, that I recognize in some emergency instances intensive allopathic medical interventions may be necessary. I do not mean for anyone to throw the baby out with the bathwater so to speak and throw all allopathic medicine to the curb.
All healing comes from God and God allows doctors, nurses, and healers (including allopathic practitioners) to possess abilities and skills that help people. However, in my experience, prayer is the most powerful thing we can do. And the Mind, Body, and Spirit sciences are proving this!
I have had friends and family who prayed, and then went to the doctor. I am not judging that. God works in all ways, often mysterious! God can heal you on the way to the doctor! The important distinction is: Ask God first! Ask and continue asking. Then be open to receive God’s answer.
Do not judge or condemn others who believe differently than you, as they have their own path. If you believe God lives in you, they may also believe God lives within them!
When you argue with anyone about their beliefs, the vibration of that interaction actually runs counter to what God wants which, is for all peoples to live in peace acknowledging Creator God.
If you want to open to receive more, the Bible teaches:
“Study to show yourself approved to God…”
“Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind…”
As for the religion of my youth, while I feel it beautifully served me well for a time, I am continuing to seek wisdom by following the pulsing sensation (“God bumps”) I feel in my body when God, our Source, our Creator confirms to me, that I am on the path. I’ve learned that judgment does not resonate with me. Holism speaks to me.
Now, “church” for me, occurs anytime I talk with at least one other person about our LIMITLESS Ever-Living Filling-All-Space Creator. And I continue to research and study. I find much in the new Sciences, and the study of ancient ways–thrilling! To me it all validates God, it does not negate God.
Darwinian evolution theory is out – disproven. Science still does not know where we came from, but chromosome 2 in our DNA proves we did not evolve from ape-man.
The school books are WRONG.
Currently, I am reconnecting with things that interested me as a child. Because I used to love archeology and dinosaurs I began listening to Gregg Braden. I enjoyed his recent interview about his book Deep Truth – (click on the words Deep Truth to watch his video on YouTube) or watch the interview I saw on GaiamTV.
Gregg’s interview led me to explore this site, about heart-based coherence: Global Coherence
I follow and study the work and writing of many enlightened people. To me, this is a topic I will be able to study the rest of my life. There’s soooo very much to learn!
In all things I wish you love, peace, and many blessings. In fact, everything you have and all that is around you right now (even any suffering you may be experiencing) is with you for a reason. Let it open and bless you.
My intention with ALL that I write is that you will receive it in a way that feels good to you (and in alignment with your inner being–soul).
Take what you need, leave the rest.
Thank you and Namaste.
A bit about us:
My husband is an award-winning illustrator, plus he is a seasoned guitarist, bass player, and songwriter (of over 400 original songs). You can view some of his artwork and listen to all of his songs on http://RichardMurrey.com or check out his latest 24 songs here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC53E21F-JlTW2iQmPcEIWkQ
I’m an Amazon bestselling author of two co-authored books: “Transform Your Life Book 2 Inspirational Stories and Expert Advice” and “Energy of Receiving”, available on Amazon. Plus, I’ve written a new book (in the making for 13 years), Take It Upon Yourself to Live a Wholly Vibrant Life, that’s now available for online sale and distribution (PDF format). Buy it here.
As well, you can hire us to promote your book, band, business, or services here: https://www.facebook.com/MurreyMakers-103294764612382/
Be the person your soul beckons you to be and let us promote you!
Information provided is for educational purposes only and is not intended to treat, diagnose or prescribe.
Follow me on Twitter at: TakeOnYourself
Reiki, Shamanism, and Qigong
I thought I would take a few minutes to plop down my thoughts about these healing modalities.
Here’s some research and links, plus lessons from my personal experience:
1) Reiki promotes self-healing by helping one relax and reduce stress. From Japan, Reiki uses beautiful symbols which a practitioner “paints” in the air / aura around the client. I have both been a client and attended two classes. It is amazing to feel the heat / warmth on specific areas of your body when you are seated, eyes closed, and have no idea where the Reiki master is until you feel the heat. Reiki is not magical but may be mystical depending upon your interpretation. Since my upbringing included a faith that taught “laying on of hands”, AND present day revelation, I have no fear of spiritual types of healing (because everything originates from God, Source, Divine) and in fact, I embrace all healing modalities! Reiki is often translated to mean, “Spiritually guided life force energy”.
2) A shaman is a person with a gift for healing, a person who has practiced bridging the natural and supernatural to effect change in one’s health. A shaman may also be a priest, monk, or tribal medicine man/woman. The shaman I met did not go into a trance, did not bang a drum, or dress weird. Too many times people let misguided perceptions of what alternative natural healers “may be like” and totally miss a blessing!! Profound health and guidance comes through healers not a pill.
3) Qigong is a powerful healing and energy medicine from China. It dates back to between 2500 – 5000 years. There are different Qigong applications.
- Healing Qigong, sometimes called medical Qigong helps the client understand and know how to work with one’s own energy system to balance and prevent dis-ease.
- This is the one I experienced. External Qi healing funnels energy through the body, from the head to the feet – actually pushing or detoxing illness down the legs and out the feet!
- Sports Qigong – the one most familiar to those who practice the martial arts. Also, people learn this for improved golf games, increased agility, accuracy, and stamina while playing sports.
- Spiritual Qigong – most associated with spiritual and self-awareness, most likely evolving from Taoism and Buddhism.
Blending the modalities
I had an amazing visit with Dr. Laurie Zakresky. She performs a blend of modalities of healing. She intuitively learns what you have need of and applies what will help.
In the treatment room, you lay fully clothed, shoes off, on a massage table. Typically massage or meditation type music is playing in the background. The Reiki, Shaman, or Qigong practitioner will move hands near your body, and sometimes pull on your feet, or touch you lightly on pressure points. There is no massage or such happening.
You may experience a warmth / heat, tingling, or other physical feeling when the practitioner passes hands near your body. You will notice, often very soon, that whatever ill symptoms you had, will lighten or leave your body. I felt tingling in my legs and feet. I also was a bit lightheaded when I got up to leave. By the time the hour session ended, some sinus issues I had were completely gone and I felt quite relaxed. I was instructed to continue pressure point tapping for a couple of issues and to drink more water.
Dr. Laurie not only showed me where my pressure points were, and how many times to tap them, etc. but also provided me paper instructions of exactly where to tap on my body so I wouldn’t forget. There was no charge for healing services, however, gifts are always appreciated and of course, she has a store full of wonderful items so it would bless you both if you found anything to purchase.
I will be spreading the word about Dr. Laurie and the Divine Books store. The store sells books, crystals, soaps, natural candles and scented wax “melts”, a kind of pure room air freshener, cards, gifts, and more.
If you’re in the St. Petersburg, Florida area and have any health issue, I hope you will call her to arrange an appointment.
Peace, love, and unity. We are all connected.
The following are a collection of spiritual insights I noted during my 40 day juice fast:
- The more I explore life, the simpler it becomes
- Let he who hath ears, let him hear
- We grow as blades of grass, up through the earth
- Be as the blade of grass, grow through the dirt
- Dirt, or earth, is analogous to all resistance we encounter
- The more I accept lovingly what is, the more I can receive
- Life is short, do what you love
- You truly can bloom where you are planted
- Be grateful – for everything
- Every thought can be a prayer
- You cannot say “thank you” enough times each day
- Saying or thinking “thank you” in every moment is enlightenment
- I am of Native American descent, this is why I have such deeply rooted feelings about “ownership” of anything
- No one owns their so-called “land.” Think about it. We really don’t.
- Tear down the fences and love one another
- Don’t yell at me – what is all the yelling for? You do not control me.
- Reality is ONLY what we perceive
- Unplug to walk my dog, plug into God
- God is everywhere
- Space is everywhere
- Space is not void
- God exists in the space
- In everything there is space (think molecules)
- There is no path to “Everywhere”
- No path is required, nor building either
- No dogma is required, only faith
- Faith is the substance of all things hoped for, things yet unseen
- Faith IS a substance
- When you pray, your faith becomes it (your faith has made you WHOLE)
- God exists in all
- Breathe, let God in
- Breathe, let God
- Breathe, let go
- We do not create space
- Space just is
- We do not create God
- God just is
- Think good, think God, thank God – the difference one letter makes
- I am a circle, a diamond, a mandala
- As a diamond has facets, so do you, at least a few are glistening, shining
- I can be grateful even for the muddy / milky facets of others, as it causes me to ask / hope for improvement
- We are as a tapestry, all the stories of our lives weave a pattern
- God sees all of our facets, all of our challenges and complexities
- God knows all of our possibilities, our potential
- Like electricity to a switch, it is up to each of us to allow pure positive energy to flow, or switch it off
- Switching off pure positive source energy causes dis-ease in the body
- God sees us all as a whole, in a perfect state of well-being
- Jesus healed by not seeing (accepting) the dis-ease – faith makes one whole
- Jesus saw our perfection, wholeness so dis-ease just “fell away” in his presence
- We are mirrors of each other
- No two people can ever experience anything the same way
- You hold the probability to be nice, or the probability not to be
- I appreciate all the probabilities you hold within you
- God really is an aWEsOMe life-force, energy, Creator, Immanence, All-pervading, Ever-Living, Omniscience.
- No one is perfect, not even our teachers, so let’s just drop that word and stop striving for that
- We are ALL on a journey and one day we shall see everyone’s intentions
About the fast:
My belief is that I must be tuned EXACTLY to the right frequency or I will not clearly RECEIVE the signal and the best way (for me) to clear out the clutter of my mind, is to find something strong to focus on, in this case, my will not to eat. This fast has allowed me better reception.
I chose a 40 day fast because 40 days is a significant number in the Bible and because I have been reading about several others juice fasting experiences, and 40 seems to be the number of days most have been successful completing.
Bible references to 40 days:
- Genesis 7:4 – It rained 40 days and 40 nights during the Great Flood
- Genesis 8: 3-8 – Noah sent out the raven 40 days after the waters receded and the Ark settled on Mount Ararat
- Genesis 25: 20 – Isaac married Rebecca when he was 40 years old
- Genesis 26: 34 – Esau was 40 years old when he married his two wives
- Genesis 16: 35-6 – The Israelites ate manna for 40 years while wandering in the desert
- Exodus 24: 18 – Moses spent 40 days and nights on Mount Sinai before returning with the original commandments
- Exodus 24: 28 – Moses returns and fasts for 40 days and 40 nights
- Numbers 13: 25 – The scouts from the 12 tribes spied out the Promised Land 40 days before they returned a bad report
- Numbers 14: 33; Deuteronomy 29: 4 – Therefore, the Israelites were required to spend 40 years “wandering” in the wilderness
- Numbers 13: 5; Joshua 14: 7 – Joshua was 40 years old when he spied with the scouts
- 1 Samuel 17: 16 – Goliath “taunted” Israel 40 days before his defeat by David
- 2 Samuel 5: 4- King David reigned for 40 years
- 1 Kings 11: 42 – King Solomon reigned for 40 years
- Jonah 3: 4 – Jonah preacahed to Nineveh for 40 days before they repented
- 1 Kings 19: 8 – Elijah fasted 40 days in the wilderness
- Leviticus 12: 1-4 & Luke 2: 22-4 – Purification of Mary is 40 days after birth of Jesus
- Matthew 4: 1-2 – Jesus spent 40 days Fasting in the Desert after His baptism
- Acts 1: 3 – Jesus also spent 40 days on earth following His Resurrection
- Jesus, by tradition, spent 40 hours in the tomb.
The above Bible list reference was noted in, and with thanks to: Richard “Rick” Torretto author of Divine Mercy and the Biblical Significance of 40 Days.
Since learning that raw food is the cleanest and best food to eat, vibrationally speaking, I chose to limit my juice fasting to raw food (adding only a bit of cultured dairy if I become too weak since I am working 40 hours and driving 10 hours weekly during the fast).
Health wise, this fast will serve to clean my body of toxins, junk in the gut, and overall bring my body to a healthier level. I’ve also inspired at least one coworker to embark upon a 10 day fast.
Focus of attention is needed to attain any desire.
As of 4/6/13 I successfully completed my 40 day juice fast, or as some call it… a juice feast! I was sooo happy to have completed this quest and feel absolutely light and wonderful!
As of 12/7/14 I have completed seven weeks of juice fasting and souping. I am only counting because at some point in the future I want to be able to look back and acknowledge all of this but I plan to live this way. The way I describe my current program is: Raw juice fast all day, every day. Then for the early evening “meal” have one bowl of soup (primarily made up of organic vegetables, lentils, or chili).
I am making this conscious choice in order to:
- Reset my body’s hunger clock
- Reset my priorities
- Allow myself more time for prayer, meditation, writing, while not needing to consider so much what I eat
- Observe my habits and decide any I want to change
- Determine what foods cause inflammation in my body (that I will never eat again)
- Flour and yeast products cause me issues so no more bread, biscuits, cake, etc.
- Determine what foods allow my body to reach my ideal weight / shape and feel its best
People tell me more insights may come to me in the weeks that follow so as those insights come, I will tweet them on Twitter. You can follow me there if you would like.
You can search for me on Twitter at: takeonyourself. Thanks to all my readers for your support!