In response to Matt Monarch’s email letter, both in case he may read this, or for any others who have been on a similar healing journey:
I don’t know Matt Monarch or what all he has been through, number one. No one does.
However, I have healed the body my spirit and soul is living in and owe a debt to Matt’s ex-wife, Angela Stokes-Monarch from the profound level of health I’ve experienced since 2008 after reading her books, Raw Reform: Revealing the Physical Changes and Going Raw For Weight Loss: An Introduction for Overeaters (which, I just read again the other day)!
I’ve been a big fan of The Raw Food World since 2008, and before Matt and Angela had their beautiful children. I followed Angela’s social media posts and videos all through her first pregnancy in fact. And I grieved when Matt and Angela went through their “conscious uncoupling.” As I felt they were so in love.
So, yes, as a fan and follower, I’ve felt this young couple were family to me, especially when I didn’t feel well, or was in an emotionally down place (while my own grown children were both experiencing tumultuous relationships).
So, I give the following from my open heart. And it is what I would say to Matt (or anyone in a similar situation who feels they’ve tried “everything” or “enough” natural health remedies and not found their healing or been let down by other well-meaning healers, experts, or guru types):
When I was six years of age, I too (like Matt), was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. I don’t know if it was labeled a “disease” back then, but nonetheless, and whether or not it really is a “disease” or simply a state of being at “dis-ease” in the body, as Louise Hay has written about (and I’m sure Matt’s well aware of Louise, since her books are usually in the same category as Gerson’s wheatgrass therapy).
Natural healing methods, as my readers know, can encompass a vast range of things, from what we eat and drink (and what we don’t, as in fasting), to Energy Medicine, like Donna Eden’s work, Acupuncture, and more (and includes Energy Psychology one of my favorite modalities), meditation, prayer (always with hands together to “Connect the circuits” and Active Faith), as well as, ice baths, saunas, structured water, and the Biology of Belief (as Bruce Lipton teaches—I am currently in his Community online for $7 a month).
In a nutshell, it’s everything we think (become aware of, acknowledge, let go of), feel (or don’t feel), include in our environment and Energy field, and even some past stuff that’s still in our morphogenic field (which could include past life stuff, stuff from our ancestors, stuff from people we’ve let into our lives for any certain amount of time, etc.) and yes, some of that seems woo-woo and wacky, but I am on a path of learning to receive more knowledge of ALL of this.
Matt said he “saw blood coming out” and perhaps that was a shocking symptom to experience! I had debilitating PAIN when I had ulcerative colitis as a kid. And I’ve met adults who told me there was no cure for this–these were folks steeped in Pharma. But, I was healed!
My uncle is a pastor of a church. And he was fairly young then, when I was 6, as we’re only about 13 years apart. But my mom called him, after taking me to the emergency room and my having to undergo an excruciating exam (which later on, by the way, felt like rape–I was a kid and only knew I was even in worse pain and torture during the exam than the colitis had been causing)!
Our church believed in “laying on of hands.” And when my uncle and other elders from our church came to visit me at our home, they anointed my head with blessed oil and very gently laid their hands on my head and shoulders. They said an audible prayer, but I wasn’t really listening as I was just in too much pain.
After they left, I slept all through the night. I am sure my mom continued praying for me as she was so devout in her beliefs and I was her only child. I know she had to be agonizing seeing me in so much pain, especially after what she’d heard outside the ER curtain–as they had made her step out in order to examine me, and THAT is something that as a parent and grandparent now, I would NEVER allow!
Matt wrote in his email that he’s tried dry fasting, juicing, and took advice from several raw food gurus. He tried a variety of diets and nothing healed the condition.
When Matt wrote that he had an “innocent young trusting mind” that’s exactly when I knew I needed to write this response. I believe Matt’s healing is in that very center of his being where the innocence and trust lives still. Not crushing our Ego (as we all have an Ego for a reason), but finding a way to gently acknowledge it for its usefulness and conversely tell it is it not the ruler of us, can gracefully set us FREE!
I love that Matt acknowledges his Ego in all of this. All of his attempts at healing naturally.
I have said in the past that, “I would try it ALL.”
Now, I question that.
I will add a list of all the treatments, methods, and modalities that I know of, some I have tried and others I’ve not, for various ills, ailments, and such in the course of my 60 years on the planet. Must we BELIEVE in them for them to work? That’s an ongoing mystery to me and why I love the work of Dr. Joe Dispenza, Gregg Braden, and Bruce Lipton, among others.
I am sooo glad the vitamin C drip helped Matt. I am also so thankful that Matt and Angela saw an Alternative doctor (and that doctor had a shot of cortisone to inject in Matt to restart his heart.
Aloe, Slippery Elm Bark, blended in home-made apple sauce and not eating nuts and seeds, and not consuming dairy (as it’s mucus forming), I would think would be a gentle diet. Maybe not healing, but gentle. And unless we’re an enlightened yogi who can control all bodily functions as we meditate under a Bodhi tree, we will continue to eat something.
I have been through so much shit in my life and all the 12-step groups, meditations, yoga postures, and attending church doesn’t help much if one doesn’t integrate (at least some) of what you learned from these things INTO your life (another good reason to join my Integrated Spiral DE-Program sessions). But as I say on my home page of SheilaMurrey.net, “it’s ALL your choice. Everyday.”
I’ve tried Jordan Rubin’s products too (after meeting him at a church event in person years ago). I love eating that way, but it didn’t “cure me” of whatever I had going on in this body, at that time. And it didn’t seem sustainable to me. I never did buy into the Medical Medium guy because by the time he showed up in my awareness, I was way beyond him (at least as far as I can see) in my own spiritual practice–NOT that I am better than anyone! (It’s just for me, he didn’t seem to offer anything enlightening.)
I haven’t tried a hyperbaric chamber but it sure sounds like Matt gave it the old college try too, and yeah, if I felt worse from something like that, I’d stop too!
I have heard of Pamela A. Popper and of course, Hippocrates Health Institute too, but until the other day, I hadn’t heard of Hellinger’s Family Constellation work. Watch this long video and see if it resonates with you, it did for me! https://youtu.be/wZ1oYiR5VpM
The fish Matt’s eating currently, sounds good, but I’d ditch the eggs and dairy, again as the dairy is mucus forming (from all I’ve learned and experienced) and eggs are high on the list of allergy foods–foods that when eaten, stimulate the body’s allergen response alerts. Eggs were one of the first foods I had to give up for a month or more back in 2000 when I was trying to get to the root of my weight issues and a doctor there had thought I was allergic. They’re also on the list of JJ Virgin or someone like her) list of top 7 or 10 foods that people are allergic to. I know how hard it is to scrape cooked egg off a plate, and I know our insides are different, warm, wet, and we have stomach acid, but they just don’t pass my sanity test, though I agree they are a perfectly balanced food and if I had access to no other food, I’d eat them before eating an animal.
Matt mentioned one MLM company supplement, Sun Rider, which I have never heard of, but my husband and I have been consuming 4-8 ounces of ASEA for 3+ years in good health (though I can’t swear to it being a cure all or anything, I am still detoxing and clearing the body I inhabit of mold and mycotoxins, so there’s that).
He also mentioned Homeopathy Drops and I don’t know if that refers to NES Health or not, but after reading Decoding the Human Body-Field: The New Science of Information as Medicine and that was after feeling better within HOURS of taking Infoceuticals (and for the small cost of these), I wouldn’t knock a gift horse in the mouth and refuse to try those–they’re really very gentle and have worked TWICE now for me to release certain issues from the body I live in.
I do understand what a disease is, though Matt’s use of the word “plagued” (more than once in his email) has me curious if he understands what the Biology of Belief is. I wouldn’t use that word in reference to anything going on with the body–as all the cells of this body I live in and love and use everyday IS LISTENING.
FYI: Here’s a previous post I wrote several years ago about beliefs (changing one’s mindset, learning about the various belief systems, and “overthinking”, have been a fairly consistent themes in my life).
Look up stem cells. Research about the environment or medium that a cell is in and why it’s important. The cell culture medium actually shapes the cell! The same stem cells grow into different organs of the body depending upon the environment they’re placed in, which I find extremely fascinating!
I do acknowledge that pharmaceutical medicine an offer fast relief–sometimes. But heal? I’ve never known a pharmaceutical medicine to heal anything. It seems he still has the issue, so I question the word, “heal.” Not arguing. Just curious.
I’m not 100% raw, nor am I on any kind of band wagon here–unless it might be that I question big Pharma and won’t play into their game since the 5 asthma and allergy medications I’d been on for years only made the asthma I had from age 6 to my 40s worse!!! We can walk with a crutch too, but that never strengthens a weak leg!
I wouldn’t blame the almond butter, but maybe the seeds (as seeds are notorious for irritating the colon), and I still love Matt, Angela, and their children and look forward to all the continued good vibes they’ll ALL put out into the world for the rest of their lives.
I also looked up ulcerative colitis and read more about it–and there’s several different types: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/ulcerative-colitis/symptoms-causes/syc-20353326
List of holistic health modalities (in alphabetical order though not all inclusive):
- Acupuncture (administered by a doctor)
- Applied Kinesiology (AK)
- Bars (Access Bars, or “running the bars” – performed by a LMT)
- Exercise Hormone Replacement Therapy (administered by a doctor)
- Body Exercise Ball
- Body Movement / Bodywork
- Body Rolling (seek a trained body rolling instructor or personal trainer)
- Breathwork (seek a trained or certified yoga instructor)
- Chiropractic (administered by a doctor)
- Colon Hydrotherapy (administered by a licensed colon hydrotherapist)
- Corrective Exercise Specialist (administered by a doctor, or physical therapist)
- Cranio-Sacral Therapy (seek a trained nurse or LMT)
- Crystals: Meditating with crystals, crystal water, wearing crystals, and more
- Cupping (performed by an acupuncturist or LMT)
- Essential Oils: Frankincense, Myrrh, Lemon, Tea Tree, Black Cumin, Clary Sage, and more
- Feldenkrais (performed by a LMT or physical therapist)
- Fitness (seek a personal trainer or coach)
- Healing Touch (seek a nurse trained in HT)
- Heat lamps
- Herbal Therapies: Banaba, Cannabidiol (CBD) oil, Kava tea, and Kratom tea
- Homeopathy (tinctures or tiny pills – seek a homeopathic nurse or doctor)
- Hormone Optimization (seek a doctor specializing in hormone therapies)
- Hot Yoga (seek a certified yoga teacher)
- Hypnotherapy (seek a licensed hypnotherapist)
- Ice Baths / Showers
- Ice Packs / Heat (can alternate between the two)
- Infrared Sauna
- Inversion Therapy (chair / table)
- Jin Shin Jyutsu (seek a certified practitioner in Jin Shin Jyutsu)
- Kai Chi Do (seek a teacher trained in this)
- Kinesiology (seek someone trained in AK or “muscle testing” to identify imbalances)
- Manual Traction (seek a LMT or physical therapist)
- Massage Therapy (seek a LMT or physical therapist)
- Medical Hypnosis (seek a licensed hypnotherapist)
- Nutrition (seek a certified nutritionist)
- Oil Pulling
- Past Life Regression (seek a licensed hypnotherapist)
- Performance Enhancement Specialist (seek a physical therapist)
- Personal Training (seek a certified personal trainer)
- Pilates (performed by a certified Pilates instructor)
- Pranayama Breathing
- Raindrop Therapy (seek a LMT)
- Reflexology (seek a LMT)
- Resistance Training (seek a certified personal trainer)
- Rolfing (seek a LMT)
- Sauna (wet / dry)
- Sound Healing
- Sound Therapy
- Spinal Touch (seek a LMT or physical therapist)
- Spinal Molding (seek a LMT or physical therapist)
- Stem Cell Therapy (seek a doctor specializing in regenerative medicine)
- Talk Therapy
- Tai Chi (seek a Tai Chi or Qigong master)
- Tai Massage (seek a LMT trained in this type of massage)
- Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes
- Therapeutic Rehabilitation Exercises
- Therapeutic Touch (seek a nurse trained in this)
- Tibetan Singing Bowls
- Touch for Health (seek a nurse trained in this)
- Vibrational Therapy
- QiGong (seek a Tai Chi or Qigong master)
- Yamuna (seek a trained body rolling instructor or personal trainer)
- Yoga (seek a certified yoga teacher)
Energy, Mind, and emotional modalities (in alphabetical order):
- Art Expressions
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT – seek a well-respected practitioner in this)
- Essential Oils: Lavender, Rose, Vetiver, Roman Chamomile, Ylang, or Wild Orange
- Body Circuitry
- Bio-energy healing
- Biofeedback (seek a health professional trained in this)
- Color Therapy
- Dance Movement
- Event Reassignment
- Finding Emotional Anchors
- Guided Imagery
- Guided Visualization
- Healing Shame
- Laying on of Hands
- Light Therapy
- Neurofeedback (seek a health professional trained in this)
- Perception Therapy
- Polarity Therapy
- Prayer with belief (empowered or visualized prayer)
- Psychotropic or psychoactive modalities, such as: Ayahuasca, Mushrooms, or Peyote (seek a well-respected shaman trained in this)
- Quantum Touch (seek a LMT trained in this)
- Reconstruction of Body Image
- Reiki (seek someone certified in this)
- Tapping (EFT – seek a well-respected practitioner in this)
- Therapeutic Theater
- Visualization Therapy
- Wheel of Life
NOTE: Some of the methods and practices listed next must be performed by a licensed practitioner, such as a chiropractor, aesthetician, acupuncturist, physical therapist, or LMT specific to their area of licensure as noted. If you are paying a practitioner for these services, he or she must be “licensed to touch” by the state where you’re receiving the service.
In closing, no, I don’t think Matt Monarch is failing the “raw food movement” by utilizing western medicine (Big Pharma) or that there’s anything “wrong” with going to a doctor or hospital. He wrote that he’s undergone a 9 year battle and tried many natural remedies and alternative therapies. Matt, those may very well have extended your life! I’m glad the doctors helped Matt find a solution. And everyone should have a health team of professionals on their side for guidance and advice (that’s what I advocate for and teach in my book, Take It Upon Yourself to Live a Wholly Vibrant Life!). I’m so thankful Matt writes that he’s a changed man and that he’s grateful! I believe Everything Resolves to Gratitude. I am happy Matt continues to share from his huge heart (he doesn’t owe any of us an explanation)! I am so grateful Matt graciously offers what worked and didn’t work for him (as each of us are unique in our circumstances). I am grateful that Matt offers us ALL hope to find whatever solution and path that ultimately serves our highest and best. Namaste brother. OM
Remember, it’s more about the Journey than the Destination.